Friday, September 28, 2012

NEW 52 BATGIRL COMMISSION


I'm not much of DC guy these days. I read them here and there as a kid, but most of my enjoyment of DC characters as an adult come from the various animated efforts from Warner Brothers.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this re-boot and the new costumes (mostly designed by Jim Lee), but when someone wants a 52 Batgirl, you do what you can to give it to them.

My version turned out to look a little more "armored" looking than some of the other renditions I've seen, but I guess that's okay. Going from Jim's original design, she was a little less streamlined than she's become in the current comics-- and Jim's original sketch was what I was mostly working from.

I forgot to color her eyebrows in the original so I had to to that after the fact in Photoshop.

This piece is 9" x 12", inked with PITT pens and colored with Prisma markers.

No comments:

Post a Comment